“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement, and in the thrill of creative effort”
– Vincent Van Gogh
Annual Juried Art Show “Paint Ontario”
- held annually for the month of March
- displayed at the Lambton Heritage Museum Art Gallery
- over 200 pieces of artwork, from across the country
- More info at the Paint Ontario website here
The TPH© Children’s Charity Card Campaign
- The Campaign is run by “The Printing House Limited”, Toronto Ontario
- Uniquely providing 100% of the net proceeds to charities, they have raised in excess of half a million dollars supporting 43 registered charities in Canada since 1990.
- More info at The TPH Christmas campaign site here.
- “Alvinston Winter Barn” was chosen in 2016 for their Christmas campaign .
- “Woody Woody Woody!” was chosen in 2014 for their Christmas campaign .
- “Winter Cardinal” was chosen in 2012 for their Christmas campaign .
- “Old Barn on Plank Road” and “Rustic Barn on London Line” were chosen for their 2009 campaign.
Gallery in the Grove: “Gifts of the Season”
- One of 6 chosen artists, for the month of November 2013
- My work was on display and for sale in the Gallery in the Grove, located in Brights Grove Ontario.
- Gallery in the Grove website viewed here
IN THE NEWS …..
August 16, 2014
New exhibit features Petrolia artist’s childhood home
When Diane Nelles mother was diagnosed with cancer five years ago, she knew she would have many more chances to go home again.So the Petrolia watercolour artist began to capture pieces of her hometown of Nakina, north of Thunder Bay, during her visits home. Now, she’s sharing those visual memories in a show called No Place Like Home at Victoria Hall in Petrolia which opened Tuesday. Article in the Petrolia Lambton Independant
July 31, 2014
Diane Nelles featured artist for August
The featured artist for August, at the Gallery in the Hall at Petrolia’s Victoria Hall, is watercolour artist Diane Nelles. The exhibition’s grand opening is on Tuesday, Aug. 12 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the hall’s main lobby, entrance and council chamber. The show, called “No Place Like Home – A collection of memories in watercolour,” runs until Aug. 25. Article in The Petrolia Topic
June 24, 2010
Top Artists named at SAW Art Group
Trophies were awarded to five of the 125 members of the artists group. Read the full article by clicking on the thumbnail picture below, or click here to read the article on the observer website
October 20, 2009
Art auction 2009
“Local artists and celebrities were featured in this art auction with a twist. The event gets underway Nov. 14 at the Quality Inn in Point Edward. The event is a benefit for the CCMF. Views of the art works are available there as well.”
Read more at The Sarnia Observer website.
October 1, 2009
Local artists in annual Studio Tour
“Local artists Ariel Lyons and Diane Nelles are among 23 artists participating in the 18th annual Sarnia-Lambton Artists’ Studio Tour, Oct. 3 and 4.”
Article in The Petrolia Topic no longer available
September 30, 2009
Petrolia artist featured on greeting cards
“Petrolia-area artist Diane Nelles has had two of her watercolour paintings chosen by a charity fundraiser for The Printing House in Toronto. She is one of just nine Canadian artists involved. Her work will be featured on seasonal greeting cards available nationwide, with 100 per cent of the profits supporting five charities offering food programs to feed the hungry…”
For more info, visit the TPH Charity website
September 24, 2009
Sarnia Lambton 18th Annual Artists’ Studio Tour“Over twenty local artists will have their work available for viewing October 3, 10 am to 5 pm, and October 4, 12 pm to 5 pm. Take one day; take two days. Visit the artists’ studios at your own pace. Meet the artists and view their work – or take art home. Vivian Kolotylo a 6+1 member , is opening her studio for viewing at 1936 Avenue Road, Brights Grove. The following members from the 6+1 Art Group are displaying their art work at DeGroot’s Nurseries, 1840 London Road – Jack Keefe, Diane Nelles, Gretchen Knapp and Shirley McFarlane.”Sneak Preview – Artists pose for a publicity photo.(click for larger image)
Front row, from the left, Vivian Kolotylo, Shirley McFarlane, Gretchen Knapp, Jack KeefeBack row, from the left, Judy Brady, Mary Hislop, Diane Nelles